Hardware Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Role Number: 200198933
Do you have a passion for leading new technology development? Are you a bright, self- confident, highly technical program manager? This position is offered in Apple's Technology Development Group's EPM team. We are responsible for leading hardware engineering development from product concept to mass production. We are looking for a high-energy EPM to lead the hardware product development, and guide cross-functional engineering teams to meet design and schedule goals.
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware product schedules and engineering builds down to the small details
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics
- 3+ years of hardware engineering experience in consumer electronics
- Full-time or internship experience in program management in consumer electronics
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; demonstrates critical thinking capabilities with strong attention to detail
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles and constant change; remains flexible and calm
- Understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes
- Ability to travel internationally
What will you do in this role? As a Hardware EPM, you will own and track engineering development schedules, working closely alongside teams of electrical and mechanical engineers to coordinate the release the designs for hardware subsystems. You will be responsible for: - Planning and execution of build events, including material planning and factory readiness - Be the primary point of contact with vendors and CM partners to establish a daily build plan, provide clear direction and guidance to meet the program and build objectives - Travel internationally to support development builds If this sound like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team!
Education & Experience
BS degree in EE/CE/ME degree required, MS preferred.