Location: 2180-LeMay Pierce County
CDL Delivery Driver
Waste Connections, Inc. company has an immediate opening for a CDLÂ Container Delivery DriverÂ at ourÂ Tacoma, WAÂ Â location. The position will be responsible for driving a box truck on specified routes to pick up and deliver recycle and garbage containers to new and existing customers at 100-150 stops per day.Â Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.Â This is a Monday thru Friday position and the occasional Saturday.Â This is a day shift position and a CDL is required.Â This is the perfect opportunity for someone that is fresh out of CDL school and wanting to get some experience driving.Â
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
- Valid Class A or B CDL
- Previous experience driving at least a 16 ft. box truck.
- Must have a minimum of two years truck driving experience.
- Must be available to start work early mornings and work until route is completed.'
- Ability to do a physically demanding job up to 10 hours per day.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)