Build a Better Future through Facilities/Engineering innovation!
Sodexo is seeking a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler for a Research and Development (R&D) Laboratory Company located in Boston, MA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Planner/Scheduler with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Job Essential Functions:
- Maintenance Planner will plan and schedule available resources and materials for maintenance activities associated with preventative and corrective maintenance in the most effective and efficient way.
- Develop the detail work scope and setup forecasts for resource allocation to ensure preventative and corrective work activities are completed in conjunction with manufacturing operations activities.
- Is responsible for overseeing work order activity compliance with regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA, DEA, OSHA).
- Improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labor, parts and material, tools, and equipment, required permits, specialized documentation and equipment access.
- Compiles and maintains the master PM schedule to establish a sequence and lead time of each operation to meet scheduling dates according to production forecast or machine specific needs
- Accurate coordination between the various maintenance groups and facility supervisors/managers.
- Associate degree or equivalent from 2-year college technical school preferred
- In lieu of degree, Technical College diploma with 10+ years of experience required or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Experience in manufacturing or maintenance environment, required.
- 10+ years of experience in the Utilities-maintenance related fields.
- Previous experience working within the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Food and Beverage, and Healthcare Industries is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) and related systems/software’s
- Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating, resource balancing, etc.
- Good working knowledge of facilities equipment and O&M (Operation & Maintenance) requirements
- Strong understanding of proper OSHA safety practices and procedures and working knowledge of cGMPs
- Good organization skills. Technical writing ability. Strong oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of the purchase order system and requisition procedures.
- Must be flexible and responsive to the needs of the business
- Must have the ability to overcome obstacles and have the organizational skills necessary to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in problem solving and to lead the resolution of equipment problems.
Specific Duties, Activities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and communicate work scope for planned corrective and preventative maintenance tasks that involve multi-crafts.
- Work with craft supervisors to identify contract support as needed to complete planned corrective and preventative maintenance tasks
- Responsible for job plan/Tasks accuracy new and modified in CMMS database (planned vs. actual for labor and materials)
- Identify vendor resources and delivery capabilities for parts and materials for planned corrective and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that PM’s are issued, tracked, and completed per compliance requirements
- Develop, maintain, and publish reports for planning and scheduling activities
- Performs resource leveling for maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain business processes related to job function.
- Contact contractors, request proposals for services and ensure that they are within budget.
- Gather and share to managers financial data for reporting purposes.
- Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. _(For example: OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.)
- Any other duties as required by the supervisor to support normal operations of the client site.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety