Build a Better Future through Facilities/Engineering innovation!
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Manager for a Research and Development (R&D) Laboratory Company located in Boston, MA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Job Essential Functions:
- Manages, supervises, and expedites the progress of skilled and semi-skilled personnel that are engaged with the installation, maintenance, and repair of facilities.
- Maintain client’s facilities in operational condition minimizing downtime of systems by providing efficient and reliable operations.
- Performs engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Supervisor assigned personnel and oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Monitors staff to ensure they are maintaining work log records manually and via Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensures safe and efficient operations in compliance with applicable regulatory and safety guidelines while maintaining service excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or Social Science discipline will be highly preferred.
- In lieu of degree, Associate degree diploma with 10+ years of experience required or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- 10+ years of direct experience in the facilities maintenance field is required.
- Previous experience of facilities, maintenance or construction is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working within the regulated industry (pharmaceutical, medical devices, biotechnology, consumer) is highly preferred.
- High familiarity with OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations and cGMP procedures.
- Thorough understanding of EHS procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Project software.
- Working knowledge of hazard assessments, emergency response planning and the ability to develop & deliver effective training
- Working knowledge of incident investigation processes and requirements
- Working knowledge of principles of ergonomics in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety & environmental processes, procedures, and systems.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; competent in problem solving, team building, and planning and shows aggressiveness when completing assignments and other responsibilities.
Specific Duties, Activities & Responsibilities:
- Investigate and prepare required reports of EHS system performance including but not limited to investigation reports, injury reports, insurance claims, performance metric reports, etc.
- Take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
- Maintain and file the Near Miss, Management of Change forms and nonconformance's report, Ergo Assessments.
- Ensure compliance and proper documentation of Waste Management Programs as Hazardous Waste, Non-Hazardous
- Waste General Trash, Biohazard and Recycling and any other EHS program.
- Prepare monthly inspections and audit of EHS programs and follow-up of correctives actions in the Inspection Action Plan.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Maintain internal and regulatory reporting including data collection and reporting including but not limited to air, storm water and surface water discharge.
- Ensure accountability, transparency, cross-functionally and effective communication within the EHS Department while ensuring that information is timely, clear, and accurate.
- Ensure the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, CAL/OSHA, EPA, AQMD, ADA, and fire codes.
- Assists in the developing, implementing and aligning operational goals to the strategic direction of the organization as well as the facility.
- Communicates with customer, vendors, internal and external partners on the status of work and issues effecting services.
- Serve as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, reporting (air, water, waste).
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Responsible for the buildings, which may include space planning, and layout, maintenance, janitorial, building security and mail services.dings, which may include space planning, and layout, maintenance, janitorial, building security and mail services.