Responsible for optimizing the daily flow of material through Receiving, Shipping, repack and processing stations. Will work in a cooperative effort with Management and 3PL partners in providing the necessary assistance with associates to achieve daily requirements.
Performs product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Performs packaging line and manufacturing inspections, and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards. May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated. May assess draft and final label copy, using knowledge of labeling regulations. Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls.
- Responsible for analyzing and directing material flow and labor resources throughout functional areas on a daily basis.
- Assure returns center operations are compliant with Rockwell Automation Policies, carrier requirements and legal standards.
- Coordinate assigned personnel within different functions. Assure that all people receive proper training on the job, with safety procedures, hazardous materials, ISO 9001 requirements, and timely company issues.
- Champion 5-S activities in facility.
- Daily responsibility for communications with internal and external customers, i.e. suppliers, customers, other RA locations, truck drivers
- Working directly with customer care
- Possibly working directly with RA Customers
- Responsible for tracking and recording of appropriate metrics for the functional areas of the DC.
- Responsible for reporting department metrics
- Responsible for directing daily activities with little to no supervision in the facility
- Assist in other areas on an as needed basis. (inbound, quality, outbound, inventory, etc.)
- Perform special projects as assigned by manager. (ISO coordination, PSR's, customer surveys, audits, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Responsible for returns center housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for utilizing proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Must participate in and accomplish yearly objectives for personal and department improvement.
- Participate in ISO training, and all company and department policies and procedures.
- Manage and Control MRB area within the returns center
- Provide role model for associates by demonstrating professionalism in following all procedures and policies.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing, and correcting problems within team and DC.
- Maintain effective communications with all DC teams and management.
- Train and develop new team members and 3pl associates when required
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, 1S09001, 1S014000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures
- Responsible for daily communications with internal team members.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments, internal and external customers, management, and 3PL partners
- Cross train in functional areas to provide support across all shifts in each area. May involve working various shifts to assure coverage on consistent basis.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Interacts well with the global team members and is a team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with computer hardware, PowerBI, Excel, Microsoft Office or comparable software preferable.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with Manhattan warehouse management system preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Returns experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- This position may have limited travel to U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Indianapolis - Indiana, Whitestown - Indiana
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).