Right at Home is looking for Companions and Homemakers to work throughout South East Connecticut. We have clients all along the shoreline from Clinton to Stonington and up into the surrounding towns of East Hampton, Norwich and Voluntown.
A job should be more than JUST a job. It should help you grow and bring you purpose. Are you wanting to learn skills that will not only help you give back to the community but will also help elevate your career? Well look no further…
With joining the “A” team, you have the unique opportunity to improve the quality of life to those you will serve by working at Right at Home, an In-Home Care & Assistance company, and one of the fastest growing international home care companies with over 25 years of experience.
We need your brains, ambition and passion to continue to help people bridge the gap and gift peace of mind to those you serve. Working with us will give you the financial rewards and flexibility to suit your lifestyle. You’ll get recognized for you efforts and will truly make a lasting difference.
What You will Do and Who You Are:
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- We have a great work culture at Right at Home and look for people with a similar mindset. You're the honest, energetic and approachable type; able to get along and communicate easily with people at all levels. You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
- You don’t mind getting a little dirty…this could include (but not limited to) light housekeeping, laundry and other household chores.
- You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you can prepare a good meal and work your way around a kitchen.
- You are able to assist the client in many ways, this could include (but are not limited to), medication reminders, companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have reliable consistent means of communication
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to pass a full employment background check
Nice to Have’s:
- 6 months experience working with seniors in a companion or homemaker capacity
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule
- PAID training and development
- Paid travel time in between clients & mileage
- Extremely Positive Work Environment
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition, celebrations and great team interactions!
Why Right at Home?
We truly believe that where you work matters and as a company who believes in improving the lives of those that we serve, we think we know a thing or two about what makes our employees happy.
Here is what our employees say about us:
- “It’s wonderful to work for a company that treats their employees with the same care and respect they want us to provide to clients.”
- “I know I’m never alone! If I have a question or an issue, there is always someone available to help me. This means the world to me!”
Why Join Our Team?
This is your chance to make a difference in the world by serving one person at a time. Find the job you love – join Right at Home.
Keep in mind, this is just basic information. You'll find out more after you apply.
Communities We Serve:
Old Saybrook, Amston, Andover, Baltic, Bozrah, Centerbrook, Chester, Clinton, Cobalt, Colchester, Columbia, Deep River, Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, East Lyme, Essex, Gales Ferry, Gilman, Groton, Groton, Haddam, Hebron, Higganum, Ivoryton, Jewett City, Killingworth, Lebanon, Ledyard, Mashantucket, Middle Haddam, Montville, Moodus, Mystic, New London, Niantic, North Franklin, North Stonington, Norwich, Oakdale, Old Lyme, Pawcatuck, Preston, Quaker Hill, Salem, South Windham, Stonington, Taftville, Uncasville, Voluntown, Waterford, Westbrook, Yantic