JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department. Assist the HR Department in special projects, reports, and handling information requests. Perform clerical functions such as data entry, preparing correspondence/reports, receiving visitors, job postings, and maintaining various filing systems.
1. Greet and assists applicants and visitors to the Human Resource Department in a professional manner.
2. Opens, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming correspondence including faxes daily.
3. Maintains employee’s personnel and medical files. Assist with filing and copying of documents in the Human Resource Department.
4. Performs data entry in the Human Resources Information Systems as requested and complies reports from database as needed.
5. Maintain and handle employee’s confidential information with care in accordance with agency policy.
6. Assists in the handling of all incoming and outgoing calls from other departments and outside sources.
7. Handle additional administrative tasks as required and requested
8. Mainatin current knowledge about positions available within the agency and provide job applications and information to candidates.
9. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders and verifying receipt of supplies.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- High School diploma plus two years of related office/clerical duties.
- Certificate in Data Entry/Business Administrative studies from a Business School a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of office equipment and systems.
- Must be computer proficient and able to work on HRIS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with employees, applicants and clients.
- Must have excellent organizational skills be able to prioritize efficiently.
0-1 1-2 2-4 4-7
Keyboard Use X
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-THROUGH AFFIRMATIVE ACTION