Sodexo NorAm Human Resources has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, HRMS & Payroll. You will be responsible for the strategic vision and implementation of all US HR management systems including payroll, reporting, analytics, compliance, transactions, self-service and shared services operations. This includes ensuring the HR operations are aligned to support and drive business growth and expense targets.
This is a virtual role with the successful candidate preferably located near Gaithersburg MD or in the Eastern time zone near a major airport.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads cross-functional and cross divisional teams in executing projects to evolve service delivery model focused on sustainable business process and HR service delivery improvement.
- Provides counsel to CHRO on HR operations and management.
- Responsible for playing a _key role in selection of the vendor/platform for the HCM system and the implementation across North America.
- Identifies ongoing opportunities to align HR functional areas to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Provides governance, oversight, counsel, and alignment for all U.S. and Canada HR IT projects as a Business Lead for HR on the IT Steering Committee.
- Identifies business case strategies and ROI related to HCM roadmap and implementation in alignment with Global strategic vision.
- Financial and budgetary responsibility for Payroll Operations, HR Service Center, HRIS, HR Shared Services organization, HR Audit and Compliance, HR Info Security and related vendor contracts.
- Drives all contract negotiations and relationship management for 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for U.S. Payroll Operations and accurate employee gross to net calculations, year-end processing, and W2 generation.
- Accountability for HR Service Center for efficient and accurate processing of employee data transactional processes for all U.S. employees.
- Leads HRIS strategy for all U.S. employee data and HR metrics and analytics.
- Accountable for U.S. HR audit and compliance results and resolutions for Payroll and HR systems and processes (HR EDW/BI, EV4, Autopay, ePay etc.)
- Responsible for security and compliance for HRMS (EDW, ADP, etc.)
- Identify cross-functional HR opportunities to improve interaction, efficiency and effectiveness across other HR operational areas (HRSC, Payroll, HR Shared Services).
- Member of the HR Leadership Team, IT Steering Committee, Privacy Committee, identifies HR opportunities, develops strategic recommendations for CHRO.
- Provide strategic vision for the execution and achievement of Group business objectives within the HRMS operations.
- Provide guidance and performance and talent management for 6 Directors and their direct reports with an organization of approximately 80 employees.
- Ensures strong leadership and talent development to provide succession planning for key HR operational roles and functions.
- Act as thought leader for Sodexo shared service strategy and share best practices across functions. Utilize Shared Services environment learnings to identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
- Develop a network with other HR leadership both outside and within the segments; participates in activities to understand service needs and continuously improve performance.
- Creates a climate which provides direction; champions new initiatives; encourages others to change and serves as a catalyst of change; manages effectively in a high-change environment.
- Partners with Business Leaders to drive HR Initiatives across the enterprise.
- Develop and sustain a robust HR infrastructure that drives growth and business expansion.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Must have experience with HCM workstream and medium to large implementations.
- Strong track record in proactively leading strategic thinking and translating strategy into program delivery.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, conceptual, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to influence, drive change, provide guidance and ensure alignment across various assigned markets.
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated success leading remote teams.
- Well-developed management skills including the ability to lead, influence, and communicate.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to lead cross divisional and cross functional teams either directly, or through indirect influence.
- Independent thinker moderated to fit the Company’s culture.
- Highly analytical and highly organized.
- High degree of initiative and Leadership.
- Demonstrated political savviness and leadership skills to excite, motivate and inspire the team to seek creative solutions and promote broad-based thinking.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and customer service orientation.
- Good common sense, strong work ethic, willingness to make tough decisions.
- Executive presence, with the ability to relate to and consult with members of all management levels within the organization
- Knowledge of Sodexo’s business; demonstrated in-depth knowledge of contract services business is preferred.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching and recommending best in class HR technical solutions adding value to the organization and/or a return on investment. The incumbent will project manage and/or implement large and moderate scale HR technical solutions. This will include the coordination of activities between IS&T and the business owner of the technical solution. It will be important to coordinate with domestic and international IS&T staff to ensure the effective integration of HRMIS with other business applications as appropriate.