The Solution Consultant is responsible for supporting sales at key customer pursuits by providing specific solution expertise in a defined geographical area. The Solution Consultant acts as the solution expert for the sales organization by delivering outcome-based messaging to customers at executive and management levels. The Solution Consultant has a broad understanding of all related products and delivery offerings from RA, partners and competitors in the designated solution area.
- Be the focal point in the defined geography for the specific solution(s), of which he/she has been designated as an expert.
- Participate in account planning and sales strategy focusing on new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion.
- Proactively facilitate and/or provide training to the sales force & channel on the values and outcomes of specific solution(s).
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the solution to existing and new customers with presentations and/or demonstrations.
- Advise Technology Consultants and/or sales on proposal generation and validation.
- Assist sales at proposal presentations for executive level customers
- Define and articulate differentiators and values versus competition for the specific solution. Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor's strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Translate competitive solutions into a RA solution that meets or exceeds customer's expectations.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Provide product gap and development feedback for the specific solution to appropriate organizations.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Focus on opportunities that support Rockwell Automation's strategy.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Shares industry knowledge of customers based on their key drivers at the appropriate role level with new and existing customers
- Keep sales and customer relationship management data up to date in local agreed upon tools such as SFA, optimizing by using these tools consistently.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Software Industry Experience
- Able to articulate value of larger Rockwell Automation application value, without the need to demonstrate individual products with hands on demonstrations
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency in native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong support of customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Appleton - Wisconsin, Chicago - Illinois, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).