This position is responsible to create technical content for end users, such as Technical Data sheets, Installation Instructions, and User Manuals. Technical content is used by end users, internal personnel, and channel partners to specify, select, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain Rockwell Automation products.
The information developer creates conceptual, reference and task-type technical content about hardware firmware and software products according to department style guides and templates. The information developer uses traditional interview and research techniques, as well as using the hardware or software product itself to gather information, obtain a customer perspective, and verify that technical content elements are complete and accurate.
The information developer is responsible for managing multiple priorities and evolving processes.
- Works with a variety of different functions and levels of personnel in marketing, engineering, quality, and other disciplines to gather and interpret source information.
- Ensures that information products are reviewed and approved per department standards before publication.
- Administers technical information products through printing, language translation, distribution, and record retention as defined in departmental procedures.
- Ensures that technical information products are developed according to department style guidelines and templates, with a global perspective, and are optimized for translation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Software Industry Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or communication field, or equivalent 5 years of experience in the technical communication field
- Completed a minimum of five years in the technical communication field, with at least two years of experience focused on creating customer-facing content for industrial equipment, electronics, or other technical subject matter.
- Experience writing for end users that use Distributed Control Systems in Process and Batch applications.
- Demonstrated the ability to develop technical content in a clear and concise manner and to proofread own work; must be able to present portfolio of writing samples.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate engineering drawings to create technical illustrations.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of levels and functions and possesses adequate interview skills to gather information from subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of industrial automation control, Process Control and information products preferred (control systems, software, communication networks and human interface devices) or other highly technical subject matter.
- Familiar with concepts related to writing for a global audience, and in administering the translation process.
- Software: Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, Illustrator; Microsoft Office, SharePoint (or experience with similar programs).
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).