This role is ideal for a creative that thinks big-picture and dreams about how to evolve the conversations across multiple digital channels and traditional platforms. It is a perfect opportunity for a writer with 2-3 years of experience who is eager to expand their copywriting. The Copywriting Coordinator will be a highly detailed, jack-of-all trades marketing writer comfortable in both traditional and digital marketing. The position calls for a curious, highly organized individual who isn’t afraid to ask questions to understand broader context, but is also able to think and work independently. This is a growth-potential role that requires a positive, team-centric approach and willingness to communicate and share regularly and openly. A passion for writing clear, compelling copy for any range of outlets is also paramount.
This role reports directly to the Copywriting Manager with a dotted line to Copywriter. We will look to this role to help ensure Benjamin Moore Marketing is constantly delivering great thinking, attention to detail, and all-around amazing work for the Benjamin Moore brand.
Responsibilities within digital marketing include, but are not limited to:
• Write and manage all internal links for benjaminmoore.com
• Edit existing web page articles, from small tweaks to larger copy updates
• Work on SEO optimization by incorporating key words/phrases into existing web articles
• Develop UX copy – CTAs, copy with strict character limits
• Spot check all alt tag copy from social agency and integrate into project work flow
• Audit bm.com for dated information or opportunities for improvement
• Assist in organizing visual asset management for website copy
• UAT testing of new web copy in stage/proofreading
• Close partnership/coordination with traffic manager and content management system input team to bring projects to closure
Responsibilities within traditional marketing collateral include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the writing, rewriting or editing of advertising pieces, sell sheets, in-store signage, billboards, scripts, social media posts and more
• Understanding proofreading and editing techniques, and learning to spot and correct fatal flaws, trademark information, legal compliance and brand standards
• Coordinating with traffic manager as needed
Required and Desired Skills:
• BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications or related field preferred.
• 2 to 3 years copywriting experience
• Excellent knowledge of grammar, proofreading, editing, and writing to a specific brand voice
• Great time management and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and presentation capabilities
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel and a high comfort level adapting to a range of online project management systems (e.g. Workfront, Jira, etc.)
• Ability to work as a team member and be a part of a collaborative environment while ensuring the editorial voice you represent is heard
• You’re obsessed with clever headlines, persuasive CTAs and subject lines, and copy that creates a thread that flows well beginning to end