SiP Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200198890
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Extensive experience working with SMT, underfill and molding materials and semi-conductor packaging process technologies
- Hands-on experience with assembly processes and equipment including SMT process tools, dispensers, and transfer/injection/compression mold equipment is the ideal requirement
- Prior experience with development and qualification of semiconductor packages a plus
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Desired experience with solder, polymer material developments, underfill materials & processes, and laser equipment & processes
The DFM group is seeking an experienced professional who brings expertise in the area of semiconductor packaging processes. This engineer will assist in the development of assembly and packaging process for SiP modules and MLBs. The successful engineer in this role will be able to work both in a lab environment as well as at OSAT/contract manufacturer sites, interacting with suppliers and deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner. You'll work with external OSAT, contract manufacturers and internal product designers to develop SMT, underfill, molding processes/solutions collaborating closely with suppliers for semiconductor packaging equipment and material vendors. Provide engineering support for product builds at the factory. Monitor and drive closure of any reliability and yield issues with factory. Work with Operations group and the extended supply chain to address tooling and process lead-times. Work on next-gen advanced packaging process technologies for System-in-Packages.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or Material Science
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.