Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo is seeking an General Manager 4 to join the team at Medstar National Rehabilitation Network is located in Washington, D.C. This is 137 bed hospital that specializes in treating persons with physical disabilities, including spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, arthritis, amputation, multiple sclerosis, post-polio syndrome, orthopedic, and other neurological conditions. Current patient dining program consists of fresh prepared food served with our Sodexo Expressly for You program. Knowledge and experience in rehabiliation care, HealthTouch technology, Sodexo systems and programs a plus. Demonstrated success in driving the patient, staff, visitor experience; positive client relationships, and innovative solutions welcome.
The candidate needs to possess culinary knowledge, retail, and patient services experience to be successful in this role. This position will run the operation and report directly to the on site Senior Area General manager. They will manage and participate in all department projects, daily operations, staff attendance, and food quality in catering, retail operations and patient services. This is a expeditious environment that has multiple deliverables that must be met on a daily basis. Looking for a visible and active leader that can build strong relationships with staff, subordinates and clients. This position requires the leader to be reachable during off hours for different emergencies that may arise since this is a 24 hour operation.
Are you the experienced General Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations of all food operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
- create a positive environment
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections, and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about https://www.medstarnrh.org/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health-care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management