The Application Consultant Manager is responsible for managing teams of specialized application consultants that engage with customers to identify and expand specific scopes of work that will be proposed to that customer by proposal specialists and delivered through capability delivery teams. The application consultant support sellers in pursuits with domain expertise in key solution areas or industry knowledge. The application consultant is the bridge between the customer requirements and the proposal specialist team and is responsibleto establish scope, differentiate and position commercial offers to meet the needs of the customer. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Manage the application consultant organization for the North American region.
- Maintain within the team the expertise required to support the assigned Systems and Solutions global capabilities.
- Support the win strategy process through the qualification of global sales and marketing identified pursuits and assign appropriate application consultants to support approved pursuits
- Leverage application consultants to drive growth in key focused industries and accounts and drive towards industry focused application consultants that cover multiple Rockwell Automation delivered capabilities
- Ensure the ability of the application consultants to differentiate Rockwell Automation delivered capabilities
- Optimize processes to work in conjunction with both sellers and Proposal Specialists to efficiently delivery accurate and differentiated proposals.
- Ensure solution consultants have the ability to expand the scope of solutions requested by incorporating the full portfolio of Rockwell Automation offerings, including but not limited to: Connected Services, Process/Power & Control/Information Solutions, Packaged Power, and local Field Labor.
- Achieve desired win rate target for Application Consultants and overall team
- Drive competency in the GSM organization to understand and promote the capabilities of the System and Solution business.
- Ensure application consultants have the commercial capability to assist sales at proposal presentations to differentiate Rockwell Automation delivery capability.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
***For a candidate with the right experience, this position could sit at any Rockwell Automation US location.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 50% travel required
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Demonstrated understanding of larger Rockwell Automation application value
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging environment with both internal and external customers
- Strong solution and application expertise
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.0
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong support of customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Show confidence and composure when presenting to audiences of differing levels of an organization, including executives
- Exhibits strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Acts courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as required.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict and stress.
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in decision-making.
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Austin - Texas, Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).