Title: Software Developer
Salary Commensurate with Experience / Posted thru 11-16-2020
Purpose: The Software Developer designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains websites and web-based applications. In addition, this position may meet with clients to assist in gathering technical specifications. This position takes ownership for functional areas of the application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications.
- Design and develop new web applications.
- Design, maintain and manage databases for web applications and other uses.
- Take ownership of functional areas of applications.
- Use independent judgement to carry out assignments that have significant impact on services or programs.
- Identify roadblocks and communicate to the team.
- Propose ideas and designs to the team and participate in the decision-making process of how to proceed.
- Assist in recommending approaches and/or solutions to technical problems.
- Create and maintain documentation on web applications and other services.
- Provide technical support to users and clients.
- Assist with initiatives to update and grow technology at MPHI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant to MPHI projects and always represent the best interest of MPHI.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another closely related technology degree.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Detail oriented.
- Able to troubleshoot technical problems with computer software and hardware.
- Willingness to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Basic understanding of network architecture.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Job involves viewing a CRT, LCD, LED or VDT screen 25% to 75% of the time. Standard office environment, possibly in multiple locations. Job will require some statewide travel and the possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license where needed to perform duties of the position.
IMPACT ON PROJECTS, SERVICES AND OPERATIONS: This position provides integral and necessary duties needed for the successful completion of client’s project. It furthers MPHI’s goal in developing the necessary State and Local infrastructure to better serve the data needs of Michigan’s Health Community, thus promoting the health and well-being of Michigan’s citizens.
“For purposes of employment standards, this classification is “Exempt” from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.”