To efficiently and effectively triage incoming calls and provide a variety of nursing treatment functions, including assessment of symptoms, prioritizing patient appointments, facilitating smooth patient flow and by providing assistance to both physician and clinical support staff within the office.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains patient vital signs and prepares patients for examination by physician.
- Schedules surgical appointments with patient and with hospital or surgical center. Schedules tests for patients as needed (CT, Ultrasound, Vascular, Lab, etc).
- Communicates with insurance companies to obtain required authorizations.
- Communicates with patients regarding their medical questions, medication inquiries, etc. Handles follow-up/Post-Op calls to patients.
- Handles DME and Home Nursing Orders.
- Completes patient FMLA and Return to Work forms.
- Manages medical supply ordering. Sterilizes surgical equipment.
- Assists physician with in-office procedures as needed.
- Updates MSDS Binder as needed.
- Assists with answering phones as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two years of related clinical nursing experience.
- Current Maryland Board of Nursing license.
- CPR through the American Heart Association (BLS for Healthcare Providers level).
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.