Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through direct care of patients and collaboration with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner.
- Transports patients in accordance with established safety policies. Assist Radiology Technologist/Nursing Staff in transferring and positioning patients from a bed or chair onto a transport stretcher/ wheelchair and Radiology table (if applicable) maintaining safety restraints, and direct patient observation on various shifts within a 24 hour period.
- Participates in patient care data collection and unit-specific treatments as directed by the Radiology Technologist and in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Obtain patient consents for Radiology based procedures
- Assist with the delivery to established nursing unit par levels for stretchers, wheelchairs, beds and E cylinder oxygen tanks.
- Provides support to the Technologists by facilitating workflow through.
- Educates and orients new staff; participates in team evaluation.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics training in all patient transport activities.
- Transports medications, as necessary during the usual course of transporting patients within the institution, in keeping with policy and procedure regarding medication security.
- Ensures that medication is delivered to authorized healthcare provider to handle medication according to AAMC policy.
- High school diploma or GED
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification through the American Heart Association
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.