Performs diagnostic testing utilizing specialized equipment according to departmental standards, measures, calculates, possesses the skills to do a preliminary reading, processes the physician's interpretations to facilitate diagnosis, and coordinates with other departments to maximize resource utilization.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs all designated procedures according to established standards and department policies and procedures
- Continuous training with record review, reading journal articles, attending seminars and conferences.
- Explains procedures to patients providing instructions and direct care to ensure accuracy and patient comfort.
- Recognizes artifacts and technical problems from cerebral waveforms, eliminates probable sources, troubleshoots minor equipment problems, and evaluates new equipment for purchase.
- Participates and performs, as directed, in department meeting, orientations, continuing education and in-service activities to develop competencies and facilitates department functioning.
- Participates in quality assurance audits and reports their results; helps correct deficiencies in department functioning.
- Maintains activity and usage logs as necessary.
- Schedules appointments according to established procedures to ensure and facilitates prompt testing of both inpatients and outpatients.
- Monitors departmental equipment and supplies to ensure adequate maintenance and inventory.
- Participates in departmental process improvement initiatives (huddle, metrics, innovative ideas, etc).
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of one year of specialized technical training in Neurodiagnostics.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.