Apple Support Accessibility Advisor
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Role Number: 200199873
Home Office: Yes
You're a problem solver and easily connect with customers! You exceed their expectations with your guidance, knowledge, and real passion for technology. You're enamored by the way things operate, and have the ability to figure out how technology works when things go wrong. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time. You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze, isolate and resolve a variety of complex technical issues, and comfortably navigate a technical environment. You easily engage, explaining step by step solutions with patience and an approach tailored to each individual customer. You're not only here to help fix technical issues, but also provide an incredible customer experience. We are passionate, dedicated, and deeply committed to Apple's Accessibility values. We are a close-knit team who provides English phone support 24 hours a day for Apple's Accessibility features. We offer an opportunity to build relationships with customers while sharpening your already strong technical and customer service skills. This can be an at home position, you can live in any city across the US. You do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered. Or this position can be located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, TX.
- Interest in learning and supporting accessibility features
- Schedule flexibility, particularly evenings and early mornings
- Passion for making a difference in customer lives
- Experience supporting Apple Support customers in a Tier 2 or advanced level technical support space
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Able to effectively tailor communication and style to differing audiences
- Outstanding active listening skills
- Adaptive and flexible to changing technologies and processes
- Able to provide comprehensive and accurate feedback
- Innovative and independent thinking
We expect everything from an Advisor that our customers do, and we want Apple to be a reflection of the world around us. As an Accessibility Support Advisor, you'll be supporting the assistive technology features found in many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers' first point of contact, you'll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing world class customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We'll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical knowledge, creativity, and passion to meet their needs - and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people. Because we believe our individual backgrounds, perspectives, and passions help us create the ideas that move all of us forward. We'll train you to be the best. As an Accessibility Support Advisor you will provide second level technical assistance and tailored instruction to customers with vision, hearing, physical and motor skill, or learning and literacy disabilities who are using Apple's Accessibility features. You will present solutions to technical problems, handle escalated issues, offer relevant resources, and educate appropriately based on our customers needs and skill level to help maximize the full potential of each customer's device.
Education & Experience
- At Home Requirements
- A quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
- High-speed Internet service (10 megabits download and 3 megabits upload) from a reliable provider
- At-Home Advisors in our organization enjoy additional options for schedules with day and up-all-night 4x10 or 5x8 shifts available. Schedules are assigned using performance-based ranking and are subject to availability and the needs of our business.
- On-site Advisors work within the hours of operation of the site.