The National Security Agency (NSA), one of the Nation's premiere intelligence agencies, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Recruiter to join its External Recruitment and Hiring team to fill critical positons across its global enterprise. NSA leads the U.S. Government in two core missions/business lines--Signals Intelligence (SIGINT--exploit) and Cyber Security (CS--protect). The professionals needed for these core missions are critical to ensure a decisive advantage for the Nation and our allies under all circumstances.
Description of Position
What will you do?
- Recruit and hire a technically superior and diverse workforce
- Lead the hiring process from end-to-end ensuring an extraordinary candidate and client experience
- Partner with organizational hiring managers to build and manage their pipelines and meet their hiring goals
- Assess work-related experience and develop a salary offer on behalf of the Agency
- Develop and extend conditional job offers and final job offers
- Provide support for travel and relocation for candidates
- Participate in professional HR tradecraft development
- Adhere to the laws, policies and business rules/processes associated with NSA recruiting and staffing programs
- Represent NSA at a variety of recruitment events (in-person and virtual) to include college/university career fairs, professional organizations, conferences, and networking events
What do you need to bring?
- Grounded positivity and an attention to detail that contribute to a candidate-obsessed ethos of connection and caring
- Patience, grace, focus and action in a highly dynamic environment--high volume, high visibility and corporate level engagement, and dynamic agility to global shifts that drive shifts in mission demands
- Excellent communication skills--oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Proficient computer skills for accuracy in reporting and recording information into various systems
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and teammates
What you do and what you bring will be measured by the "experience" you generate for your clients--applicants, candidates, clients and your teammates. Hiring for NSA requires that everyone on the team understands, appreciates and respects the contribution of each teammate--there is no task too small.
What will we bring?
- We will provide you with opportunities for HR tradecraft development and the environment you need to be successful
- We will provide you with a transparent and candid environment that will allow you to bring you to the table. Trust & Confidence
- We will provide you with an opportunity of a life time--seriously! Recruiters for NSA go on in HR to have rich and fulfilling careers that include becoming Senior Executives, traveling across the globe and the exclusive right to being able to claim your contributions to keeping our Nation safe by the people you hired!
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This position is a term appointment - up to three years. Term appointments may be terminated with 30 days of notice.This position is not a Permanent position with NSA.
The selected candidate may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent appointment after completion of the term appointment.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
(U) The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.