This role is responsible for ensuring security related projects and initiatives meet and exceed business objectives in the Lifecycle Business Operations and Security Headquarters group. Projects and initiatives may include, but are not limited to new Security Business Operations deployment, proof of concepts, IT & OT security process improvement, security initiatives and activities to operate/maintain and drive improvement in security related processes and posture. The Lifecycle Services Global Cybersecurity Lead will work with multiple departments and liaisons between the Lifecycle Services Headquarters, IT, CISO, Product Security Office, IT Security, Global Information Security and the affected businesses within the segment throughout. The role will successfully plan, manage and execute deliverables for varying degrees of security projects within the Lifecycle Services segment and enterprise-wide impact. The role may need to work at varying locations with Rockwell or 3rd-party sites to effectively lead the projects.
- Provide project leadership of internal project with some direction from the Lifecycle Services Business Operations & Security Program Manager and Lifecycle Services Director of Information Security & Compliance. This includes planning, scheduling, reporting and providing technical coordination guidance across multiple functional areas. Management of a global project team.
- Possess knowledge in the project management discipline. Responsible for financial and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations & established standards.
- Provide project related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of teams throughout all phases of the project including resource allocation, task planning, progress tracking and recognition.
- Applies interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a project environment so that scheduled activities are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Provides structured updates to the Lifecycle Services Director of Information Security & Compliance regarding project timing, finances, risks and issues to allow for action-based support as required.
- Ensure team member goals align with project objectives, facilitate team decisions within guidelines, and effectively communicate business issues/directions to team and management. Plan, schedule and organize projects, using the input and skills of team members.
- Develops an effective working relationship within Lifecycle Services Headquarters and with other business units in the company.
- Able to work with internal and external customers for business development and implementation of strategy.
- Ability to effectively work in a team setting.
- Networks and builds relationships with customers/vendors/partners to efficiently coordinate efforts and resolve problems. Responds and delivers timely cost-effective quality solutions.
- Responsible for understanding requirements for the projects under development.
- Personal commitment to excellence in every aspect of the business with an uncompromising stance on ethics and transparency, internally and externally.
- May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
- Proficient in working with engineering teams regarding product and system security requirements.
- Proficient with Project Management functions such as customer interface, project budget maintenance, project schedule maintenance and project resource planning.
- Able to gather requirements and decompose them into actionable tasks for project planning.
- Familiar with continuous improvement principles; lean & six sigma.
- Flexibility / scope change. Has the ability to transition quickly & effectively.
***For a candidate with the right experience, this position could be worked virtually from any US location
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- At least 5 years experience managing and implementing information technology and security related projects and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Science discipline or similar discipline.
- Has successfully led multi-disciplinary global project teams using recognized project management processes, either within RA or related industry.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Demonstrable track record of effective communication and presentation skills.
- Proven Leadership skills to motivate and influence indirect reports to embrace new concepts.
- Self-motivated/self-starter towards objectives.
- Strong time and project schedule management skills required to consistently meet deadlines.
- Willingness to be an agent of change.
- Competency in all applications within the Microsoft suite.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/SAFe Methodology
- Ability to direct resources, plan project activity, meet commitments.
- The ability to apply automation industry (Rockwell Automation) product and solution/system knowledge to solve business problems.
- Security-related knowledge/experience for products and systems, particularly IEC-62443 as well as NIST standards.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).