RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!!
You are inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking. At Sodexo, we bring these together for culinary innovation.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Ohio Dominican University located in Columbus, OH.
Ohio Dominican University is a private institution that has a total undergraduate enrollment of roughly 1,100 students. The campus size is 93 acres. It is Central Ohio's only Catholic University. _The Executive Chef will be responsible for day-to-day operation of culinary program for resident dining, catering and retail. This will be a perfect venue to show case your culinary talent. Seeking an experienced Executive Chef who is well-versed in University segment dining program, with passion for sport and a true leader who can nurture and develop future culinary leaders within their career.
Sodexo manages resident dining, retail and catering.
The successful candidate will:
- higher education experience strongly preferred;
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.