Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 2, Food for Hanover Hall, a 152 bed skilled care facility located in Hanover, Pennsylvania. Food service operations a_re dining room service with tray delivery service.
This General Manager will teach and develop food production employees in culinary skills, train and develop dietary staff in exceptional customer service and food quality. This is a hands-on position moving from back of the house to front of the house with administrative, financial duties, P&L. Position manages; the daily operations of the kitchen, manage approximately 20 hourly employees, Sodexo financial budgets, the production processes, some catered events, and customer service enhancements.
Are you the experienced food service General Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations (tray service and dining room service);
- deliver high quality dining program for resident;
- implement Sodexo systems and programs, and oversee training of staff;
- continuously evaluates service to ensure patient and client satisfaction;
- drive employee engagement and patient satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- integrate fully within our client's organization and be a trusted adviser with a customer service focus;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- two or more years previous food service management experience ideally in a healthcare/ seniors environment;
- a dietary manager certification (CDM),be CDM eligible or must be willing to obtain within one year of hire;
- strong financial skills, P&L experience;
- a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership and hospitality skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- knowledge of compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
_Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities._
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities