Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
We are looking for a Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator as an addition to the UHC Spectrum team to support member outreach and physician engagement for member care coordination.
You will work alongside our Spectrum Clinical Team and Population Health Executives to improve the health outcomes of the members we serve.
If you are located in the Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Work with a Clinical team of a Pharmacist and Clinical Care Coordinator (Social Workers) to support member and provider engagement for Care Transitions, Medication Therapy Management, Referral Management, High Risk Member management, etc.
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities, and pharmacies to capture pertinent information for patient outreach
- Accurately manages multiple technology systems to track down pertinent data to prep charts for Pharmacist
- Engage members telephonically for warm transfer to pharmacist for Comprehensive Medication Review or Medication Reconciliation
- Engage members telephonically for Medication Adherence concerns, identify barriers if any
- Engage members telephonically to connect them back to Primary Care Providers
- Engage members telephonically to notify of out of network service use
- Work closely with Social Worker/Pharmacist to help ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care
- Accurately manages multiple technology systems simultaneously
- Accurately document interactions and appropriately follow all processes and procedures related to engagement
- High telephonic proficiency, with a focus to meet daily assigned contact metrics and ability to multi - task
- Build rapport and establishes trusted relationships with members via daily outbound and inbound calls
- Provide excellent customer service
- Requirements: To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Prior Medical / Healthcare experience (Experience in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic, or pharmacy setting) or 2+ years of member/patient service providing medical/pharmacy/or behavioral health telephonic consulting or counseling
- 2+ year experience working with medical terminology
- Bilingual - Fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to prove computer proficiency: strong data entry, utilizing Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (able to create, edit, copy, save & send documents,) Microsoft Excel (able to create, edit, copy, save & send spreadsheets), Microsoft Outlook (sending / receiving emails and calendar invites), and the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Must currently live in the Phoenix or Denver area
- Required to travel up to 10% to local office(s) to accommodate business needs
- Ability to work evening hours, and possible weekends to accommodate business needs
You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Pharmacy Tech, Pharmacy Tech for Insurance Company or Medical Assistant background
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Clinic Administrative Coordinator, Member Outreach Coordinator, Care Coordinator, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately