At Triton Submarines an Assembly Technician is responsible for reading and comprehending complex vehicle assembly drawings and instructions and following established procedures to affect the manufacture of undersea vehicles and the support systems thereof.
As part of Triton Submarines’ world-class submersible program successful candidates will ensure that the quality standards of Triton Submarines as well as any 3rd part class agencies (ABS, DNV GL, CISR, etc.) are maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Triton is looking for a skilled Assembly Technician to become part of an effective production/manufacturing team. The Technician will be required to build subassemblies from a collection of components based on drawings and/or assembly instructions. Once all subassemblies are completed the technician will be capable of using various testing, measuring and calibrating techniques to ensure that the subassemblies are fit for installation into a complete submersible system.
The Assembly Technician position is a hands-on role and may require the use of hand-tools and precision machines. Good technical knowledge and manual dexterity are critical.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings with or without instructions and follow established procedures
- Take precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure highest quality
- Maintain equipment in good condition
- Keep records of production quantities and assembly time expended
- Report on technical issues, malfunction or defective parts
Additional Desired Skills
- Appreciation of the undersea environment and the technical challenges in manufacturing systems designed for saltwater and extreme external pressure.
- Thorough understanding of fluid systems including hydraulics, HP air and Oxygen.
- Familiarity with Swagelok components and fittings and assembly thereof.
- Experience with the installation of custom piping systems and pressure testing.
- Experience with the following: high pressure pumps, air conditioning, robotic arms, gas storage cylinders, valves, valve packs, regulators, leak detection, ballast systems.
Click APPLY NOW to be considered today!!