This position is responsible for managing the development of the marketing strategy to maximize customer demand and sales growth for Rockwell Automation's Services Portfolio. The position works for the Portfolio Marketing Director and must be able to work independently and collaborate with multiple internal organizations and professionals at various levels, globally, including: Regional Sales & Marketing, Industry Teams, Business Units and Marketing Functions.
As Rockwell Automation enhances its service portfolio with new data-driven capabilities to drive higher value customer outcomes, this position is the go-to person for sales, channel, and customer-facing marketing activities for the Services Portfolio.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Initiate and drive Services portfolio market development through extensive knowledge of industry and customer needs, market trends and segmentation, partner and channel go to market strategy and external environmental trends. Establish and maintain relationships with Regional Sales & Marketing, Industries, Business Units, and Partners.
In addition, it is important to maintain a deep understanding of Rockwell Automation products / services / solutions, partnering opportunities and customer priorities. This position is the go-to person for internal & external communications with respect to the Services portfolio.
- Partner across the organization to develop the strategy and marketing plan for the Services portfolio that is aligned to the company's vision and strategic imperatives, builds strong and sustainable competitive advantage, and achieves target revenue results.
- Develop thought leadership pieces with appropriate teams to ensure Services portfolio is positioned well to deliver on capabilities, applications and outcomes customers care most about.
- Partner with Industry Marketing and the Services business to develop a unified Go-to-Marketing strategy to drive growth in key targeted areas.
- Partner with commercial teams, Sales Enablement, and Customer Support to develop and execute plans for sales training for key product launches. Place these launches in the context of industry applications addressed by them.
- Partner with Sales, Channel and Sales Enablement to ensure optimal coverage of portfolio expertise in the field to support customer engagements
- Work closely with various stakeholders to plan content for events
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES and ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong leadership skills - personal leadership and coaching
- Knowledge and experience in industrial automation services
- Strong marketing skills - both strategic and commercial
- Strong collaboration skills
- Customer-centric and system-minded
- Self-starter, proven team player capable of prioritizing activities
- Able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep focus on long term trends and business needs, while ensuring short term outcomes
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasp complex situations
- Experience developing multi-year plans and ensuring implementation
- Experience managing multi-year investments and ensuring real-time accuracy of forecasting and tracking expenses
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills required
- Commercially astute across the partner and customer spectrum
Global & strategic mindset
- Bachelor's degree required
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability for 10% domestic travel
- Five years background in a business-to-business commercial marketing role required, preferably in an industrial setting or 10 years of equivalent directly related experience
- Software industry experience
- Strong project management, interpersonal, leadership, organizational and written/verbal communication skills required; ability to sell ideas and present strategies at an executive level.
- Experience with solutions and outcomes marketing is a plus
- Experience managing, creating, planning, and executing business-to-business marketing communications programs for an internal communications department, publication or for an advertising or public relations agency desired. Rockwell Automation product-specific knowledge desired.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Cleveland - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).