TITLE: HR Generalist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: U.S. Based
REPORTS TO: Director, Talent Management
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full Time employee
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world's leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
Americares Human Resource department takes a leadership role in providing service in support of Americares vision by promoting the concept that our people are our most valuable resource. We act as a catalyst to enable all Americares people to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of our humanitarian and public health program objectives. We provide programs, services and advice that help the organization attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive mission-driven work environment. We do this with an emphasis on customer service based on consultation, best practice, and communication with Americares management and staff, globally.
We are seeking an experienced HR professional who will join our human resources team to support the full life cycle of local and global employee as Americares expands our work across the globe, as well as other core human resources functions to support our global staff. This position will support our US based and global staff needs with a specific focus on supporting and expanding our robust internship program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment Coordination and Support:
· Staff recruitment activities, helping to ensure a positive candidate experience
Support the recruitment efforts from sourcing to onboarding
Streamline and maintain applicant tracking records and activities (Cornerstone On Demand)
Partner with hiring managers to identify requirements and understand business needs. Provide coaching on sourcing and interview strategy. Build strong relationships with hiring teams.
Provide general recruitment support, including defining job requirements and responsibilities, assisting with the writing of job postings and descriptions, posting open positions, conducting phone/Zoom interviews, screening resumes, coordination of interviews, background checking, researching new acquisition sources, and addressing general employment inquiries.
Establish and manage an effective approaches for attracting and then engaging a network of talent to the organization for our on-going and future requirements through LinkedIn, ATS, Glassdoor, etc.
Provide ongoing analysis and recommended improvements, in coordination with the Director, Talent Management, of the recruitment process to ascertain bottle necks, identify new recruitment sources, and refine/improve overall hiring strategies and process.
Lead, when needed in local and global recruitment efforts, staff, consultants etc.
· Oversee and support the Americares summer internship program:
§ Recruitment/sourcing/social media initiatives
§ Interview coordination and scheduling for up to 20 summer intern positions
§ Overall program planning and coordination (pre/post)
§ Serve as a liaison to summer interns during their time at Americares
§ Manage HR Interns
· Manage the Americares volunteer program:
§ Assist with coordination of volunteer interviews and provide assistance when needed with volunteer correspondence/communication: thank-you letters, welcome letters, unsolicited volunteer inquiries via phone/in-person or email: acknowledgement emails/calls, etc.
§ Assist with the on-boarding of new volunteers and coordinate application compliance
§ Maintain volunteer metrics: maintain/ track all volunteer hours;
§ Maintain volunteer files for future, active and inactive volunteers
Support ongoing volunteer management and engagement as needed
You will provide support to the department in the following areas:
· Staff and Volunteer Onboarding
§ Maintain, update and prepare new hire onboarding workflows and materials
§ Assist with the coordination and scheduling of new hire on-boarding introductory meetings and new hire space preparation
§ Collect feedback and review the onboarding process to ensure continued improvement for our new hires
· Ad-hoc project requests as appropriate
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
· BA or equivalent, Human Resources degree preferred
· 3+ years of full cycle recruitment experience
· Previous experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (Cornerstone on Demand a plus)
· Additional language skills a plus
· Experience with global human resources work is a plus
· Strong project management skills and excellent attention to detail
· Works effectively as a part of a team as well as independently
· Professional composure and the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity
· Previous experience with internship programs and internship or volunteer management is a plus
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
· Passion for our mission and the desire to work within the global health/emergency response sector