This position will assist to develop and execute the manufacturing plan to support management objectives on on-time delivery, inventory levels and customer service.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and implement the materials plan supporting the master production schedule in accordance with actual customer demand.
- Apply advanced knowledge of materials, production planning and supply chain management as well as draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Actively reduce inventory through advanced analytics while maintaining customer service in a complex and dynamic production environment including final and electronic assembly.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans within the primary functional areas. Implement or assist in the implementation of strategic plans developed for the plants functional areas.
- Pursue long-term corrective actions from suppliers who exhibit quality or delivery problems by partnering with Purchasing and Sourcing.
- Develop goals/targets for all direct reports and regularly provide feedback on progress towards those goals.
- Act as a positive role model by taking proactive role in improving processes through training/teaching/coaching production and inventory control concepts and procedures.
- Possess a solid knowledge of the day-to-day manufacturing operations and be able to translate that into operational plans.
- Demonstrate systemic thinking and thought leadership to solve complex problems in a dynamic manufacturing landscape.
- Support risk management that promotes a continuous process improvement philosophy.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Plan and direct the efforts of assigned staff. Provide necessary training and leadership to develop expertise in inventory management.
- Demonstrates awareness of one's capabilities and development needs; seeks opportunities and/or additional job responsibilities to acquire and apply new/broader knowledge and skills; candidly provides constructive feedback when appropriate; shares own experience and expertise with others; accepts feedback openly
- Communicate feedback of corrective action with other departments to support the plan in that area.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- CPIM, CIRM, CPP, APICS certification or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 3 year experience within a production/inventory control environment is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) is essential.
- Demonstrated high proficiency of computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Effective working independently or in a team environment.
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).