The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years, we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized, as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Expert responsible for the strategic deployment of Lean Six Sigma. Leads and implements improvement activities in all business areas of the organization. Develop and implement processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy to meet agreed targets.
- Lead and manage cross-functional project groups including Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, and R&D to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity and throughput increases and cost reduction.
- Utilizing Lean Six Sigma to deliver significant levels of improvement in manufacturing
- Develop and deploy metrics and dashboards
- Communicate project goals, strategy and status within the project team and with project stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Identify potential risks & issues relating to the delivery of projects and manage a resolution process in a timely manner while only escalating major issues.
- Develop and implement post-project audit activities designed to monitor sustainability of performance improvement results over time.
- Conduct classroom training on Lean and Six Sigma to the organization.
- Promote use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Kaizen, FMEA, Cause and Effect Matrix) as the Six Sigma Subject Matter Expert in Benjamin Moore.
Six Sigma certified Green Belt. Black Belt a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/supply chain environment; with at least 2 years in a Continuous Improvement role
- Strong background in Lean Principles
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong root cause / corrective actions experience and knowledge
- Self-starter, persistent, diplomatic, motivator, team player, people oriented, effective leader, goal-oriented and keen and effective in a cross-functional and cross-cultural working environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project and Excel
- Ability to travel up to 50%