The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years, we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized, as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Corporate Maintenance and Reliability Manager is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world class maintenance excellence strategies to optimize equipment efficiency/reliability, and improve product quality, while improving costs.
This role serves as the champion for the development and deployment of standard maintenance systems across the Benjamin Moore & Co manufacturing and distribution network.
This position will develop a strategic maintenance program to assure operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak equipment utilization.
This role will also oversee corporate-wide reliability maintenance planning for critical facilities and assets by creating & Implementing work flows, procedures, work instructions, metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
The Corporate Manager will be the key resource for managing a team of local leadership resources that support maintenance and reliability practices at all sites.
As a key member of the Corporate Engineering and Maintenance Group, the Corporate Maintenance Manager provides guidance to the site-specific Maintenance Department Managers for hiring, training and development, while fostering an environment and culture of continuous improvement.
Will work closely with operational counterparts to provide technical expertise, strategic guidance, and overall coaching for success.
- Serve as the primary change agent for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful continuous improvement practices.
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Corporate Reliability and Maintenance program, people and culture.
- Drive strategic direction of Reliability and Maintenance within multi-site manufacturing operations
Focus on collaboration, continuous improvement, employee engagement and delivering sustainable performance.
- Maintenance maturity is advanced through constant development of systems, behaviors, procedures, and development of key resources.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance and predictive program across manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Establish standard planning and scheduling processes to increase reliability and maximize efficiency (OEE).
- Manage effective parts / store room systems & inventory in support of corporate and plant objectives.
- Work with procurement and other corporate partners to leverage and build strategic vendors/partnerships.
- Establish KPI’s for plant / company and routinely communicate progress against objectives.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M) spend at sites collaborate with local team to manage spends to ensure impactful spend, and identify patterns/opportunities.
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Execute the methodologies and tools of RCM and TPM.
- Manage and identify opportunities in mean time between failures of assets.
- Building an effective maintenance reliability team through the development of training programs and internal & external recruiting.
- Convert Maintenance knowledge and known Best Practices into a “Ben Moore System”
- Develop and deploy effective Reliability Best Practice sharing methods
- Establish and lead Community of Practice forums for key Maintenance functions
- Maintain collaborative relationships with other functions including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Continuous Improvement, R&D, Sales/Marketing, Finance and HR in order to provide optimum services to the overall Supply Chain
- Mentor and Coach Plant Maintenance Managers and Reliability Engineers as required
- Provide adequate support, training, development, and coaching of plant staff
Partner with Operations and CI to ensure that Maintenance Systems are properly aligned with other corporate programs.
- Grow the bench of the Maintenance and Reliability Department by training in-house personnel with growth potential.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
· Must be an excellent change agent who is skilled in pacing, sequencing, and communicating change
· Must be skilled at influencing others
· Must be very skilled at communicating at different levels of the organization from front line hourly employees to VP of Operations
· Must be patient and keen listener able to engage employees on the manufacturing shop floor
· Must be able to assess talent and culture in a manufacturing setting
· Must be able to take complex tasks and concepts and present them in simple format to key stakeholders with varying skills and knowledge with the intent to put to practical use
· Prefer CPG or Paint/Chemical industry experience in a manufacturing environment
· Exposure to multiple Supply Chain configurations, cost structures, and other business disciplines
· Highly collaborative leadership style
· Management of multiple locations and departments using financial, organizational, and administrative planning skills
· Ability to lead and promote teamwork in multiple locations across all functions
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess a combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
· BS in Engineering, Reliability, Supply Chain, or related. MBA desirable.
· 10+ years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership
· Must have computer operation skills including, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, CAD, CMMS Software
· Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Knowledge of Automation and SCADA systems
· Knowledge of Quality Standards Quality Management Systems
· Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing and LEAN Management principles
· Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other safety regulations and practices
· Experience in the manufacturing of products in a heavy industrial, continuous manufacturing environment is a requirement.
· Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance is essential
· Minimum of 10 years of experience successfully leading teams including demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills including communication, conflict resolution, and development of people; willingness to seek continuing education toward development of leadership abilities
· Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to be used for strategic planning in leading maintenance department toward efficient completion of goals
· Experience with RCA/FMEA desired
· Certified skills using predictive maintenance technology and ability to successfully analyze data outputs to plan preventative maintenance accordingly
· A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence
· Ability to travel domestically from 25% to 50%