This is a remote role with Sodexo and can sit near any major airport
Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Commercial Finance & Pricing for the Healthcare market in Noram. This position has an important role to optimize and aggregate the costing and the pricing for new sales, cross-sales and competitive retention processes. This is a virtual position and the successful candidate may office anywhere in the US. The ideal candidate for this role should possess strong financial acumen and data analysis experience as well as strong operational experience preferably within the Health Care division. This position is part of our Commercial Solutions Design team, in charge to support our growth strategy.
- The Senior Manager Commercial Finance & Pricing is responsible for partnering with members of the Commercial Solution Design Team, Sales and Operations.
- Aggregate the costing model during the solutioning phase to ensure that it reflects the commercial tactic and solution proposed.
- Provide costing analytics, for all new sales, cross sales and competitive or strategic retention processes that are within the scope of Commercial Solutions Design responsibility. Will work on single site, multi-site and systems costings as needed and plan accordingly based on complexity. Conducts business costing analysis and provides insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial and analytical support for sales, operations, commercial solutions to assist in the financial decision-making process.
- Ensure that operating assumptions are consistent with the business conditions of the specific site and general operating history of the Division.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external groups to effectively optimize the financial aspects of the proposal.
- Ensure that the contract and proposal for new business and rebid are consistent with the costing assumptions.
- Understands, interprets and uses benchmarks and costing metrics to help drive costing based on service levels and scope of service.
- This role is part of a team that supports the competitive business development process within NorAm Healthcare by compiling & analyzing relevant information, conducting analysis and providing insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for new business opportunities in order to develop the pro-forma used to ultimately price Sodexo’s proposed solution.
- He/she ensures to build a costing model that optimizes the cost of the commercial proposal in accordance with: Bid Strategy and commercial tactic, technical solution developer expertise and SME data, client data request, site visits, and RFP information, internal metrics and standard costs, risk and opportunities analysis, RCRT and financial policy.
- This role works closely with the Technical Solution Developer and /or SME’s involved in the sale process, to ensure that the pro-forma developed reflects operating assumptions and SLA’s that are consistent with the business conditions, key business performance drivers and assumptions for assigned business development processes.
- This role works closely with the Deal Specialist in charge of the deal structure, contract terms and pricing for competitive business development proposals. He contributes to build the pricing model in accordance with: pricing principles defined by Sales and Solution Architect (for large deals) , list all assumptions (costing and pricing), interface with Finance for viability check, capital investment, RCRT exceptions, and timeline to get to RHIC (Regional Investment Committee), GHIC (Global Investment Committee), or GIC (Group Investment Committee)
- This position obtains appropriate information and data, and uses knowledge of the industry, Sodexo’s business operating model, advanced levels of operational experience, and analytics to provide costing recommendations that are ultimately incorporated into the overall deal and pricing structure for competitive business development proposals.
- This position participates in the development and ongoing improvement of costing tools and resources
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of five years related work experience in operations (FNS and/or EVS and/or FM) and/or field or commercial finance required.
- BS degree in Business or Finance or quantitative discipline preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and strong computer skills.
- Can demonstrate firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required including communicating at all levels of the organization and with Senior Leadership
- Strong knowledge of complex multi-unit factors that impact cost structure
- Advanced analytical and advisory skills including the ability to obtain and review data to make recommendations to improve profitability of operating units
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple issues / individuals at same time
- Ability to handle a high amount of stress related to the business environment.
- Strong presentation and inter-personal skills – the ability to be able to interact with both external and internal customers and effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Strong influence skills – the ability to prompt member of commercial Solutions, Sales, Finance, and Operations to accept proposed pro-forma recommendations
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to aggregate and optimize the cost of a winning commercial proposal in accordance with: bid Strategy and commercial tactic defined by sales and solution architect guidance, taking in consideration Technical Solution Developer/ SME data, client data request, site visits, and RFP information, internal metrics and standard costs, risk and opportunities analysis, RCRT and financial policy
- Responsible to capture and to challenge all assumptions according our standards, identify and list all risks and opportunities and to make sure the scope and SLA’s we costed, matches with Sodexo proposal.
- Responsible to provide support to produce the pricing model in accordance with: pricing principles defined by Sales and Solution architect, list all assumptions and options (costing and pricing), interface with Finance for viability check, capital investment, RCRT exceptions, and timeline to get to RHIC, GHIC and GIC.
- Participates in the development and ongoing improvement of costing tools and resources
Typical Knowledge & Skills
- Strong expertise in operations with deep understanding on service delivery, with deep knowledge in food and or soft FM in a Healthcare environment – Knowledge of our marketing offer modules (SLA’s, costing model)
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of cost drivers, pricing models and contract models
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to drive successful, cross-functional outcomes and to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment with clear accountability
- Ability to nurture relationships essentially internally but also externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to analyze and interpret contractual, financial, technical, operational data and commercial terms
- Capacity to straddle both strategic and tactical problems with a strategic mindset, strong problem-solving skills and solid business judgment
- Tenacity to operate and deliver within a changing business and market environment and demonstrate resilience at times of high pressure
- Agile and flexible in response to new demands and changes
- Willingness and enthusiasm to challenge existing ways of working and methods
- Attention to detail
Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines. Partners in the development of pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Helps determines core business costs of service in support of pricing/tariff development. Assists in the designs, implementation and maintenance of pricing infrastructures. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department, but not customers. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years.