Under general supervision, the individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating all Customer Service activities, for all relative areas within the Surgical Services Division. Utilizing various software systems will provide scheduling, administrative, operational and frontline service to customers within the scope. Provision of service will include patients, physicians, clinical staff, visitors, vendors and other professional entities. This individual will provide leadership/oversight to Customer Service Representatives in the following areas: Central Scheduling, Prep Center. Inpatient/Outpatient Operating Rooms, PACU, Cardiac Cath, Diagnostic/Interventional Radiology, Endoscopy, Short Stay Unit, Access/Clerical/ Registration, and other administrative/operational associates within the Surgical Services Division. The individual will be responsible for entry of clinical information and billing data. These functions will include reporting, charge capture/ reconciliation, and data validity. All duties are performed in accordance with Anne Arundel Medical Center's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Oversees and directs the daily work activities of the indicated operational areas to ensure maximum productivity and effectiveness in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
- Oversees proper scheduling of all elective and add-on cases for Acute Care Pavilion OR, Edwards Surgical Pavilion Operating Suites, Cardiac Catherization, Endoscopy, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and other surgical areas in the division. Follows specified clinical and time allocation guidelines via automated scheduling systems through telephone contact with surgeons/physicians, offices, fax, website retrieval, or personally. Uses manual process in the event of automated system downtime.
- Oversees and directs the work activities of the frontline Customer Service Access staff at the control stations within Surgical Services. Promotes a team oriented atmosphere, maximize efficient system operations. Ability to assign work priorities, audit work quality, train, and assist implementing corrective action, as appropriate under guidance of the Business Manager and in accordance with Medical Center policies.
- Oversees performance of daily patient charge reconciliation audit, to ensure accuracy of charge data, submitted to patient accounting for surgical patients.
- Completes other duties as assigned and assumes responsibilities that are applicable to the position and area.
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology Program or an Associate's degree in a Business related field.
In lieu of a Surgical Technologist certification or a background in Patient Care Services, consideration will be given to an appropriate combination of education, training, and experience.
A minimum of 2 years of experience is required with automated scheduling, clinical information systems, and knowledge of patient preparation in all surgical modalities.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.