This role is part of the Sales Enablement commercial competency team, which is responsible for evolving the Rockwell Automation sales force into an Outcome-based Selling organization. A variety of tools and methods are used to build these skills, including interactive sales tools and job aides, online learning modules, video interviews, and classroom training. The design, development, and delivery of these tools and methods are the foundation of the work the commercial competency team performs. In this role, the Technical Course Developer will focus on all aspects of eLearning and multimedia development in support of the commercial competency team. This will include HTML5-based web page development, learning module development, video capture, and video editing.
The Technical Course Developer will drive content development using a variety of software and multimedia tools. This role will have a great opportunity to experience how sales and marketing collateral is developed in support of Rockwell Automation solutions. This role will also gain exposure to other teams through work with the Business Units, account managers, distributors, and more.
The Technical Course Developer will serve as a resource and an expert in production techniques, technology, and tools for a variety of projects across the entire team. They will also be regarded as an expert in transforming basic content into world class tools and learning experiences.
For the interactive job tools, content and guidance will be provided by Subject Matter Experts to the Technical Course Developer who will be responsible for developing the tool, typically in HTML5, for both traditional and mobile formats. The Developer will provide input on layout and utility of the tool along with best practice guidance. For online training modules, storyboards will be written by a Subject Matter Expert and given to the Technical Course Developer who will be responsible for finding or creating graphics, developing animations, working with narration, suggesting and creating interactivity, creating quizzes, assembling, and testing the final modules. The Technical Course Developer will set up small-scale video shoots and audio recordings and be responsible for the editing of that content. The Developer will be responsible for quality and production value of all produced content. They will manage production from start to finish to ensure that dates are met. They will also help build a recognized and respected brand by driving consistency in look and feel across content.
- Creation and maintenance of interactive sales tools, some of which are coded in HTML5.
- Recording, editing, and general production of video content.
- Ability to network and engage with others to produce content.
- Producing self-paced, online modules from a storyboard written by an SME by finding or creating graphics, developing animations, working with narration, creating quizzes, assembling, and testing the final modules.
- Taking our online modules to the next level by researching and employing industry-best practices that create meaningful, engaging content that drives real learning.
- Managing the content production from start to finish, keeping track of production status, keeping the project manager informed, and ensuring that dates are met.
- Building a recognized and respected brand by driving consistency in look and feel across all content. This may include providing feedback to various individuals.
- Working with a variety of SMEs and stakeholders inside and outside of the team for input and approval.
- Recommending and maintaining tools and software for development, photography, video, etc.
- These statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by this position. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of the responsibilities, duties and skills required of this role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Software Industry experience
- 5 years of related professional work experience
- Experience developing multimedia content, including video editing
- Experience coding in HTML5
- An appreciation for standards and consistency and an ability to take feedback, edit when needed, or review the work of others
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, visual, and written formats to create clear and concise knowledge transfer to large audiences. Basic grammar and writing skills are a must
- Willingness to ask questions when unclear about project scope or requirements
- Basic project management background (individual)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Structured, organized, detail-oriented individual
- Creativity and strong desire to make training engaging and meaningful
- Desired experience with Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Desired experience with instructional design or training concepts (or willingness to be trained)
- Desire to research, learn, and develop expertise with a changing toolset
Global Sales & Marketing
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).