The Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Demonstrate personal leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- Quickly reacts and responds to urgent customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality response.
- Plans/prepares resources to be able to meet customer demands.
- Identifies areas of inefficiency and develops improvement plans
- Demonstrated ability to be consistently fully utilized on billable work.
- Takes ownership in overall development including technical, commercial and personal by having a documented 70-20-10 plan.
- Provides services to Rockwell customers through embedded services, call out, and through phone/chat support to consistently meet utilization goal.
- Travel as required to cover assigned region/sub-region. Accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering and field experience
- Travel as required to cover assigned Region/Sub-region and is accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays
- Experience partnering with sales teams and customers
- Experience indirectly managing a team of engineers and technologists
- Financial acumen, ability to execute projects while meeting budgets
- Experience delivering technical presentations to internal and external customers
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Minneapolis - Minnesota
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description