PHY RTL Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Role Number: 200201598
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional wireless products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly.
- 3+ years of verification experience of wireless/wired communication block/subsystem.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of ASIC verification flow including test bench development, constrained random testing, and code/functional coverage.
- Advanced knowledge of Verilog, SystemVerilog, UVM, and SystemVerilog Assertion.
- Experience of using Matlab/C reference model and bit-accurate verification a plus.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or Zigbee a plus.
- Proficient in shell and Perl scripting, Python skills a plus.
- Experience of Palladium/FPGA validation a plus.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills, self-motivated and well organized.
Develop signal processing intensive design for wireless communication SoCs, including: - Writing specifications and other documents based on MATLAB/C system model - Microarchitecture definition - IP integration, RTL logic design, and DV support - Running tools to ensure lint-free and CDC clean design - Synthesis and timing constraints - Work with algorithm and software team to ensure performance and power efficiency
Education & Experience
MSEE, Ph.D. preferred