Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Role Number: 200201779
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. We invite you to join us, if you are striving for a challenging Factory Automation Validation Engineering position in wireless communication. You will work with RF SOC system integration engineers to develop and characterize RF Wireless SoC performance on products. You will take on automation related tasks and large data analysis. You should also be prepared to travel internationally throughout the year as products are being developed.
- Strong wireless PHY/MAC experience utilizing object-oriented programming experience such as Python.
- Experience in test and script development (e.g. Python preferred, or at a minimum Unix scripting knowledge).
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.).
- 5+ years' experience in a lab environment.
- Proficiency with basic metrics for determining quality of digital communication signals measured.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Modifying to needs and executing directed PHY/MAC testing scripts, which control and setup RF test equipment. Modifying to needs and executing scripts that plot, parse and analyze large data sets of data. Generating RF design/verification/test reports by interfacing with RF and systems and integration teams to design such reports. Deploying, and modifying code base for changing factory automation requirements. Work collaboratively with team members.
Education & Experience
MSEE and beyond preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.