Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Role Number: 200201366
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. In this highly visible role, you will take ownership of the ESD and Latch-Up requirements of all ICs developed by and for Apple. Your mission is to ensure the silicon is designed to meet Apple's ESD specifications and manufacturing requirements. The role involves working closely with diverse teams within Apple as well as external vendors. Occasional travel might be required. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you excited to build Apple's products that strive for the highest expectations of quality, innovation and efficiency? We have an opportunity for an especially innovative ESD Designer with strong fundamentals! We are looking forward to having you join our fast growing team and help us deliver on these challenges while enjoying an amazing culture where you lead your career!
- The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 5 years of proven experience
- Deep understanding of transistor device characteristics
- Solid understanding of models used for testing ESD, including HBM, CDM, MM and IEC-61000-4-2
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art ESD circuit design techniques and topologies
- Hands-on experience with design/layout EDA tools, including Virtuoso, Calibre, Allegro, etc.
- Knowledge of ESD checking tools like PERC and Pathfinder
- Experience with Si processes used for high voltage, RF, or advanced ASICs
- Experience with ESD/LUP test and characterization equipment
- Strong initiative, collaboration, and ownership of responsibilities, productive, able to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It is your responsibility to: Define the ESD methodology for all silicon developed by Apple and to specify the chip and IP level ESD requirements Design ESD protection devices and circuits to meet design requirements Develop test structures to characterize Si for ESD/LUP properties Develop design rules based on Si characterization data Collaborate with foundry on ESD library and ESD/LUP rule development activities Maintain an ESD device library to support internal and external design teams Generate or review ESD/LUP testing plans for Apple and vendor ICs Manage the sign-off reviews with internal design teams, external vendors and foundries Drive ESD/LUP related debug activities
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.