IOT Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200201245
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Manufacturing Systems & Infrastructure (MSI) team is seeking a hands-on, technically focused Software Engineering Manager with a passion collecting, connecting and reporting data from equipment. This position will provide management leadership, technical leadership, and strategic direction for our factory IOT platform. Our platform enables Apple to supervise equipment, alert on error and predict machine failures in our manufacture sites around the world. We have a passion for high quality, well designed systems with scale in mind. This is a rare opportunity to put your signature on how Apple manufactures everything. In this role you will be working with a unique blend of mechanical engineers, data scientists, DevOps, automation and robotics specialists building a platform for IoT initiatives (Industry 4.0). The data collected using connected devices, sensor data and digitized machinery as distributed systems are changing the way manufacturing is done.
- Responsible for product strategy for the manufacturing IoT Product
- Engineering leader and technical specialist in IOT space
- Hands-on experience designing and developing streaming and IoT data pipelines
- Define use cases and product requirements
- Build out and deliver to strategic roadmap to build stable, scalable, and distributed services and solutions
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and social skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Ability to consider scalability, reliability, usability and maintenance of design in a thorough and evidence-based methodology
- Leverage technology advances through tactical and strategic technology solutions, reference architectures, frameworks, and components
- Proven record of successful and timely product delivery
- Ability to build credibility with users, partners and multi-functional teams
- Experience with the latest software stacks like Docker, Kubernetes, NiFi, Kafka, Flume and their use in cloud-based solutions.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business return on investment and customer impact - Develop biz case with objectives and acquire consensus from senior management, product operations, CapEx and other operational leaders. - Create/refine IoT product roadmap with simplified customer journey, standardized internal process and measurable SLA - Lifecycle development process including understanding business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions - Lead a team of onshore and offshore developers. - Ability to mentor individual engineers as part of their growth. - Market and promote the importance and role of the department and team throughout the organization
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or meaningful work experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.