Data Quality Lead - MSI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200201196
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Solid experience (5+ years) with Data Quality initiatives (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance)
- Very strong (8+ years) SQL experience writing queries within large-scale database environments
- Strong (4+ years) Unix experience (shell scripting, grep, find, etc..)
- Big Data experience in accessing and running scripts against Hive, Druid, Hbase is an added bonus
- Knowledge of Big Data powering Blockchain with Machine Learning a strong plus
- Python scripting
- Generating and Reporting in Tableau dashboards
- Ability to investigate anomalies and enthusiastically problem solve
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills, including pivots, vlookups, conditional formatting, large record sets.
- Proven relationship building and ability to effectively influence peers and management
- Self-starter and able to seek out new problems then develop and implement solutions
- A solid sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Able to develop and present complex problems in a simple way.
- Ability to quickly switch between details and the big picture
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, adept at clearly articulating to management and business users.
- Post-pandemic travel 10-15% and work hour flexibility required in this dynamic, global position.
- Experience with a global company and virtual teams is required
- Highly desirable to have high tech manufacturing related education / experience (but not required)
Apple is a data-centric company where many critical decisions are made based on data. The completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data has huge implication to our decision-making. Every shipped Apple product undergoes rigorous testing at our factories to ensure the best customer experience. The MSI team handles the collection and reporting of all manufacturing test data. You will manage centralized data management and ensure data completeness and accuracy across product lines. You will be diving into data forensics, maintain the integrity of data through root cause analysis and improving solutions for end-to-end data flow. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to make a big impact on a very challenging problem. We are seeking a self-starter who is passionate about data and problem solving. You should have a track record and passion for understand business needs, problem solving and developing solutions that make things happen. You will be partnering with multi-functional teams to define and implement processes that ensure data quality. A successful Data Quality Lead is able to tell a story from the data, is driven, organized and detail oriented; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment, is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manages through relationships and influence, and maintains a positive attitude. - Engage with product, test and assembly teams to understand product data needs - Understand and articulate implications of factory processes on data completeness and accuracy - Design data quality plan and drive cross-functional support for implementation - Set up processes to automatically detect data quality issues - Root cause data issues and drive corrective actions with Contract Manufacturers, Suppliers and each of the Lines of Business. - Develop dashboards - Work with very large data sets- millions of records - across multiple systems for the data pipeline
Education & Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent degree, Masters degree is considered a plus. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.