Take a fresh look at your future
Sodexo seeks an experienced Food Production Manager to support a large K-12 School district 25,000 enrolled students located in Providence, RI. This account is innovative, progressive with strong Student Well Being initiatives. Successful candidate will posses a proven background in managing field operations in a K12 NSLP environment to include; analyzing and growing student participation, safety/sanitation programs (HACCP) and leading staff development.
Working for Sodexo as a Food Production Manager will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that strives to enhance the learning environment for students. This manager will be responsible for managing a staff of frontline cooks that will be preparing food items for our Breakfast in the Classroom programs. Monitoring the inventory of the food items during each step of the food production. Responsible for overseeing food production and quality with a focus on cooking and overseeing staff responsible for preparing meals for students daily. Sodexo offers clear career paths, growth and advancement opportunities, professional resources and training. _This is a great position for someone looking for a better work-life balance while having the opportunity to grow their career within Sodexo!
You will also be responsible for Recipe Development & Menu planning, District Catering, Retail initiatives, Farm to School offerings and Employee Training & Development. You will work in Field Kitchens as needed and will be an integral part of our Management Team.
Seeking bi-lingual candidates; the ability to communicate in Spanish will assist in managing this workforce. A Culinary Degree is preferred; NSLP-National School Lunch Program/USDA experience is a plus!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations for 2 schools;
- deliver high quality food service;
- provide employee training and development;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive working environment;_ and
- ensure Sodexo and USDA standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:_
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
***A Chef test may be required for this position.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards