Rockwell Automation is looking for an impactful Project Quality Engineering individual contributor to join our team.
The incumbent will develop and implement robust preventive quality roadmap to build quality into product design and processes. In this role, working in a matrixed and dynamic environment with creativity, attention to detail and effective communication is key. This position also has significant interactions with internal and external customers.
Information Processing Capability:
- Reads and interprets technical product documentation with understanding of product usage within customer application and environment
- Provides designs input and fitness for use to product development teams
- Owns New Product Introduction (NPI) quality roadmap and execution and develops impactful planning to build quality into the design
- Performs risk assessment and implements early preventive mitigation action plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving competency to drive performance results
- Implements dashboards and metrics to drive on-going continuous improvement
- Leverages data from Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and ensures preventive action planning, addresses true and systemic root cause and eliminates repeats
- Applies quality design methodologies, tools and techniques (e.g. Design for Six Sigma, Design for Reliability, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.) incrementally and throughout product development
- Performs predictive modeling and leads Reliability assessments on life cycle conditions of the sub-system, PCA component, product, and/or system
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and develops timely actions
- Focus on prevention, timely issue resolution and develops competency within team
- Demonstrates collaboration and partnership with peers, Key Stakeholders (KSHs) and team
- Works well in a matrix organization and accepts shared accountability
- Ensures that stakeholders receive appropriate focus, priority and alignment
- Proven leadership and change management agent in a matrix environment
Collaborates with stakeholders, business partners and internal and external customers
- Maintains accountability for high quality performance throughout product lifecycle
- Accepts and hold self and team accountable for performance and results
- Routinely presents and communicates quality readouts to leadership
- Manages varying priorities and collaborates across multiple KSHs and disciplines, internal and external customers
- Participate and support key employee initiatives including the employee engagement survey, culture of inclusion initiatives and ethics
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Up to 15% and may include global travel
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 8 years in quality, manufacturing or field service engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in NPI
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels
- Ability to influence and drive results with cross-functional and global teams within a complex matrix organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive performance results
- Strong experience in continuous improvement and QA tools and methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Primarily Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Ability to execute Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP.
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies (i.e., Green Belt / Black Belt), CQE, AQE
- Effectively provide key inputs into product requirements by leveraging deep understanding of HW, SW/FW, and embedded Software integration at a product, application and system level
- Sound technical understanding of the environment inclusive of products and infrastructure that must work together to achieve the desired customer outcome
- Project Management or Project Management Professional certification
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus
Operations & Engineering Services
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description