Engineering Program Manager - Power Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 26, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200201700
As a Power Technology Engineering Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading the technology definition, design, integration, and launch world-renowned Apple products. In addition, you will utilize your Program/Project management skills and have significant responsibilities for driving program schedules and resolving technical issues that enable on-time system delivery. This is an individual contributor role, helping lead the technology development process for Apple products. Role encompasses collaborating with Architecture & System design teams, driving full Product life cycle as well as managing vendors who deliver strategic solutions. The Power Technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Come join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet!
- 5+ years of related technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of Power Electronics and Systems including AC-DC & DC-DC converters a plus.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in Technical Program or Project Management.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Limited travel may be required.
Leading power system product development from architecture to production by leading multi-functional teams, defining the program plan/schedule, handling program execution and builds by working with internal operations team and external vendors. Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality definition and design execution. Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status and issues to multi-functional team members and management team. Understanding and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve the issue with data driven decision-making. Lead development budgets and engineering builds. Drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow up issues/escalations. Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently. Improve the system: look for patterns, offer standard methodologies and implement change.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.