Electro Optical Device Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 27, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200202358
Apple is looking for an enthusiastic engineer to design and develop innovative optical devices. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- The candidate needs to be a fast learner and may have a background in optics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, material science or mechanical engineering
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills, DOE planning
- Experience in product definition, competitive study; Driving integration solution to meet product requirement
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams; Co-developing technologies with component vendors and driving for convergence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in certain computer language (like one or more from Matlab, Mathematica, C/C+ +, Fortran, Python, etc) for simulations and modeling is preferred but not required.
This position is focusing on defining product requirements, benchmarking existing products, co-developing technologies with vendors, finding innovative and effective ways to solve challenges, down-selecting, driving for convergency and enabling the best user experience of Apple products. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary ares of optics, device fabrication, mechanical engineering, image process, color, vision science and reliability performance.
Education & Experience
Ph.D or Master degree in Optics Science/Engineering, or related fields