Location: 2010-Vancouver Hlng Shop94thAv
Container Repair/ Welder
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Container Repair WelderÂ to join our team in Vancouver, WA.
Schedule will be Swing Shift 1:30pm to 10:00Pm Monday through Friday. Starting Wage is $18.75/HR with regular wage increases.
Why Join Us?
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed repairs and/or tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Welding, painting and grinding responsibilities.
- Welding/Cutting abilities to include MIG, TIG, Stick, Aluminum, Plastic, Brazing, Carbon Arc, Plasma Cutting, OXY Acetylene, MAP Gas and Propane.
- Utilize needle scalier, grinder, drill, drill press, sanders, band saw,Â hand tools, hammers, sledge hammer, tape measure, shear, metal brake, angle finder, level and shop press.
- Driving a forklift.
- Available to help mechanics in maintenanceÂ shop as required.
- General cleaning responsibilities.
- Equipment safety checks: air compressors, welders, ladders, extension cords, miscellaneous hand tools.
- Maintain and track inventory of container parts and supplies.
- Assemble, repair, and replace decals on carts and containers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- 3-4 years of experience as a Heavy Duty Welding
- Strong work history.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds continuously throughout and 8 hour shift.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)