Battery Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Role Number: 200202832
Envision what you could do here! At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Good experience in dynamic modeling, machine learning and statistical algorithm design.
- Good experience on optimization, time series analysis, state estimation and control algorithms.
- Good chemical understanding of Li Ion and related cell chemistries.
- Good Electrical engineering background to understand impact of load behaviors on battery performance estimation.
- Excellent experience in developing solutions and validating them using control theories like Kalman filters, state observers and others.
- Experience in writing efficient codes to analyze large data sets.
- Experience with detailed battery and cell modeling a plus.
- Expertise in C programming in a Unix-derivative environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent skills in communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Should use advanced analytical interpretation and discretion to provide creative solutions. High level of mathematical and modeling capabilities to develop and verify algorithms, and expertise in numerical analysis.
- Expert in using modeling and simulation tools like Spice, MATLAB, Simulink and other specialized tools.
- Relies on data to explain technical decisions.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Mentors and provides technical direction.
We are looking for an individual who will help be a part of a team developing new class of algorithms and architectures for products to improve the utility of batteries. In this position you will be expected to use a combination of advanced machine learning, chemical, electrical engineering and mathematics to develop and code. You will: - Develop and code algorithms to estimate State of charge and State of Power of battery systems. - Develop machine learning algorithms or mathematical models to predict lifetime cell mechanical and electrical performance. - Develop models to estimate and optimize cell and pack performance in design phase. - Develop and test methods to evaluate such new algorithms. - Develop new functions to help further the active health management goals based on new behavioral discoveries on cells from Cell Engineering to address cell degradation. - Help reduce the complexity of estimation algorithms so that they to implement in resource constrained computing platforms.
Education & Experience
MSEE is required. PhD is preferred.