AI/ML - Engineering Program Manager, Release Management & QE, Siri Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200202677
As a member of the Siri EPM team supporting the Siri Search platform, you will be responsible for managing the release process and maintaining the high product quality of the search platform. We're looking for someone to lead the release process and qualification efforts including: define qualification plans and shipping criteria for new features, ensure that releases meet performance testing criteria before shipping, assist Search QA and SRE teams with the global release process, drive resolution of release and production issues, lead RCAs for production outages, and assist the Search QA team with delivery of new tools and processes to ensure the best possible product is released to our global users. We're looking for people with a proven track record of maintaining a high-quality service under demanding usage and timelines. You will work with top tier Engineering, Operations, and QA teams to create the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love.
- 3+ years of Program or Project Management in Production Engineering/Operations, and/or experience covering as many of the following as possible: a 24/7 live customer-facing service, a large-scale and international user base, experience with multiple (both internal and external) server environments, a product with external dependencies (e.g. partner data feeds), and responsibility for rapid-response actions.
- Career examples of hands-on involvement in quality engineering and release tools or processes that improved the customer experience.
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Experience with automating manual processes, as well as knowledge of automation in a CI/CD context.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about quality and product opportunity from raw and refined product data.
- Ability to fluidly work across a large number of teams to carry out process and efficiency outcomes.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a solid track record of driving spectacular improvements for team quality, performance, agility, and/or efficiency.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
Work with QA team to define qualification plans and shipping criteria for new features and bug fixes. Coordinate with Engineering and Operations teams to determine timelines for the release of these features and bug fixes.
Work with QA Performance team to ensure that releases meet performance testing criteria before shipping.
Assist the SRE team with releases to the global production environment. Work with the team to understand issues with each release, help identify underlying issues, and propose future-proofing of releases.
Drive resolution of release and production issues with the with Engineering, Operations, QE, and SRE teams. Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for production outages.
Assist the QA team with delivery of new tools to ensure the best product possible is released to our global users.
Be an advocate for process improvements and new tools to ensure that the best product possible is released to our global users. Review existing testing/release tools/processes and propose enhancements. Assist teams with scope and timelines for delivery of new tools/processes.
Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Add release KPIs
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years Senior/Lead level experience in the above qualifications.
- Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems, databases, cloud computing, big data, Hadoop & networking. Knowledge of Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Familiarity with Prometheus, SuperSet, Graphite, Grafana or other tools to visualize data.