Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200200942
The System Apps Team is responsible for a broad set of components and features in iOS and macOS including: System Preferences, Calculator, Stickies, Grapher, Console, Terminal, Activity Monitor, Disk Utility, the login experience and much more! We are looking for a talented and motivated software engineer who will be responsible for the software design, implementation and maintenance of OS features related to our components. As an engineer on the team, you will often work multi-functionally with human interface designers, hardware engineers, and technical writers, in addition to software engineers from other teams. We encourage curiosity and initiative, value diversity, and depend on the ability to learn and grow when approaching new features and technologies. You should join the Apple System Apps Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
- 3+ years experience developing Cocoa or UIKit applications.
- Good understanding of UI design and common usability issues
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Candidates with excellent judgment and integrity, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions will be a great fit for our team
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
We are looking for someone to join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.