FHLBank Topeka’s products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Senior Data Analyst
The individual in this position, under limited supervision, leads the Mortgage & Data Analytics (MDA) departmental research, design, and implementation of technical solutions, strategies, and statistical analysis to both improve existing and development of new insights into the FHLBank’s mortgage credit, securities and loan collateral data. Core responsibilities include the use of a wide range of tools to model and explore large, rich data sets – both internal and publicly available data – to optimize analytical insights and more efficiently and effectively report on these insights through report automation and visualizations. Assignments are of moderate to high complexity and require the exercise of judgment. Work performed is at an advanced level.
- Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, finance, or economics with demonstratable quantitative and technical expertise. Advanced degree or technical certifications are preferred.
- Strong background in statistical analysis, with experience in statistical programming, time series analysis, logistic regression, and other econometric analyses.
- Three or more years of similar or related experience, including:
- Experience in automating tasks in Python. Experience in Pandas and Numpy preferred. Strong background in other scripting languages with desire to learn Python is substitutable.
- Experience in business analytics and reporting with emphasis on statistical analyses.
- Experience in object oriented database design. Extensive experience in other relational database management system (RDBMS) database is substitutable.
- SQL and related scripting experience.
- Ability to perform complex financial calculations.
- Strong background and understanding of credit risk is preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more. To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank’s website at http://www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.