Performs diagnostic testing utilizing specialized equipment according to departmental standard. Measures, calculates, and possess the skills to perform a preliminary EEG reading. Processes physician's interpretations to facilitate a diagnosis. Coordinates and integrates with other departments to maximize resource utilization.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Proficient in performing: EEG, Ambulatory EEGs and LTM, in accordance to hospital policies and national standards. Calibrates and sets measuring parameters to obtain basic patient data.
- Assesses, observes, reports and records signs and symptoms indicative of changes in the general condition of the patient.
- Adjusts machine parameters to best demonstrate and evaluate the nature of these changes relative to the baseline of the patient.
- Explains procedures to patients providing instructions and direct care to ensure accuracy and patient comfort.
- Recognizes artifacts and technical problems from cerebral waveforms, eliminates probable sources, troubleshoots minor equipment problems, and evaluates new equipment for purchase.
- Oversees the work of EEG Technicians.
- Assists in training and enhancing the knowledge of EEG Technicians.
- Participates and performs, as directed, in department meeting, orientations, continuing education and in-service activities to develop competencies and facilitate department functioning.
- Participates in quality assurance audits and reports their results; helps correct deficiencies in department functioning.
- Gathers data and creates reports for TAT and metrics.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in clinical Neurophysiology field
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of formal Allied Health program in Neurodiagnostic technology accredited by the commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs preferred.
- Registration credentials in one of the neurodiagnostic fields required. .
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support CPR certification for Healthcare Providers required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.