Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services Custodial Manager 1 for Sisters of Mercy. This is a senior residence community of religious women located in Erie, PA where the role will oversee a team of 7 supporting the operation on Day Shift. The selected candidate will need to be flexible to work an occasional weekend as special events or needs of the business arise. The campus of the retirement home is comprised of 12 acres, supporting 20 residential rooms for the sisters. _This is a great management opportunity for the service-minded individual who wants to join a stable and growing account.
Our Sodexo Healthcare Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
- supervise facility maintenance staff with guidance from the off-site General Manager;
- lead a team and _be responsible for resident satisfaction;
- have a service driven personality that would thrive in a senior living facility;
- provide a clean and safe environment for residents, visitors and staff;
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in housekeeping service;
- have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- have previous management experience or leadership background in hospitality, hotels, universities, or former military;
- can multi-task and set priorities;
- are proficient with computers and other technology.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Apply online today!
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.